Friday, October 13, 2017

Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week: Stitched Ornaments



Hello there!  Today, the Lawn Fawn team is kicking off Inspiration Week by showcasing the new Stitched Ornaments dies!  These dies are so fun and versatile! Perfect for elegant and whimsical cards alike!  For my card today, I want for a more elegant feel.  I started off by diecutting a stitched rectangle using the largest die from the Outside In Stitched Rectangles Stackables die set.  I diecut the largest ornament from the Stitched Ornaments die set from white cardstock, as well as the ornament topper, the bow string, the tiny star from the set, and two trees from the Stitched Hillside Backdrops Portrait die set (you will see more of that later this week!)  I used distress inks in Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire to ink the ornament, then added splatters of clean clear water to bleach out some areas.  When that was dry, I added some white acrylic paint splatters as well.    I cut a second ornament in white, then used the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders dies to cut the bottom piece off to use as the ground for my mini scene.  On top of that, I popped up the diecut trees with foam tape, followed by the tiny star.  I knew I wanted to emboss the sentiment, so I tapped my embossing ink pad over top of the ornament topper diecut and added two layers of the new silver embossing powder to make it look like metal.  I popped the ornament up on the stitched panel with foam tape, then added a scattering of Mini Snowflakes, before heat embossing a sentiment from the Snowy Backdrops stamp set at the bottom.  Then, I mounted the panel on an A2 white card base with more foam tape to finish off the card.

Stitched Ornaments

Be sure to visit the Lawn Fawn blog for lots more inspiration from the design team, and stop by every day this week to see more!

Thanks for popping in! :)

3 comments:

Mary Jane Blahnik said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is such a fabulous card !! The white-on-white snowflakes is soooo gorgeous !!

nonnacindy said...

That is the best sentiment for the stitched ornament.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS