Sunday, June 26, 2016

Reverse Confetti June SFYTT


Hello there!  Happy Sunday morning to you!  Today I have a card to share with you for the Reverse Confetti June SFYTT challenge!

You are one of a kind

Here is our June Sketch:


For my card today. I was most inspired by the vertical strip in the challenge, and the trio of images down the center of the sketch.  While my card does not follow the sketch exactly, it's perfectly ok for it not to!  That's the great thing about sketch challenges... turn it, flip it, pick out your favorite elements... use your creative license!

To create my card, I started off by pulling out Picked Raspberry. Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean distress inks.  One tip is to choose colors that mix well together if they should run together.  With this technique, that is very likely to happen. I taped my watercolor paper to a clipboard, and stood the board on end.  I mixed my inks with lots of water and got my brush good and soaked with ink.  I dabbed the color on the top edge of the paper, and allowed it to run down the paper, carefully catching the puddles at the bottom.  When it was dry, I cut down the panel to include by favorite parts of the watercolor pattern.  I stamped one of the large butterflies from Butterfly Dreams in black ink on white cardstock and diecut it with the coordinating Butterfly Dreams Confetti Cuts.  I popped it up on the watercolor panel with foam tape, and stamped two of the smaller butterflies on either side of it in black ink.  Then, I added a scattering of coordinating iridescent sequins before popping the panel up on a white card base using foam tape.


You are one of a kind

That's all for me today!  Be sure to check out the SFYTT blog post and link up!  You could win a $20 Reverse Confetti gift certificate!  You have until noon CST on June 29th to enter :)






No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS