Monday, February 1, 2016

Sparkle and Shine Challenge #23

Hello there!  Welcome to another Sparkle and Shine Challenge!!

Before I get into all of the new challenge details, I wanted to share some sad news with you.  Last week, the founder of Sparkle and Shine, Angel Johns, lost her husband, Chris, after a very short illness.  Chris not only leaves behind Angel, but their two young sons as well.  As you might imagine, they are facing some pretty heavy burdens financial and otherwise.  A Go Fund Me account has been set up to help the Johns family.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they adjust to the changes they have been faced with.  I know Angel appreciates each and every one of you.

Ok, now onto the challenge details!  Here is our inspiration photo for Challenge #23:


For my card, I wanted to play with my Paper Smooches Boom Bots stamp set.  I got it awhile back, and have been itching to color these adorable little guys!  To make my card, I started off by creating an inked backgound using Spun Sugar and Barn Door distress inks.  I added water droplets and then dabbed them off with a paper towel.  I was inspired by the polka dot background in the photo above.  I stamped, colored and diecut the robots and their little friend, and although it's  hard to see in the photo, I used the Shadows stamp set to add little shadows under them before popping them up with foam tape.  I add my sparkle, I used my Sakura Stardust pen on areas of the robots and the word bubble.  I apologize that it's so hard to see, but I promise it's there!  I stamped a sentiment from the same set, and some gears, also from the same set, on a diagonal to help the eye move from one side of the card to the other.


Love U Bots

Be sure to check out the blog for all of the challenge details and for lots more inspiration from the design team!

I am going to enter this card in the new Paper Smooches February Challenge - Fun & Cute!



Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Supplies:

Stamps: Paper Smooches Boom Bots, Shadows
Dies: Paper Smooches Boom Bots, Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables
Paper: PTI White, Pure Poppy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog, WPlus9 Fairy Dust, Lawn Fawn Lobster, Spun Sugar and Barn Door Distress Inks
Other: Copic Markers, Sakura Stardust Pen, White Gel Pen, foam tape

4 comments:

Melanie Mallek said...

FREAKIN' AWESOME card! :)

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my goodness!!! This card is sooooooo cute!!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

So sad to hear about Angel's loss...will keep her in my prayers. I love your cards and this one is just as cute and sweet as all your others.

Aileen said...

Great card, I love your use of the robots and the colours you used. card is brilliant

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS