Friday, January 15, 2016

Sparkle and Shine Challenge #22

Hello there!  It's time for another Sparkle and Shine Challenge!  Here is our inspiration photo for Challenge #22:


We are sponsored this week by the Right At Home shop!


I am using some new-ish products from Papertrey Ink for my card today!  I started my card by ink blending an ombre pattern using an ink blending tool and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.  I wanted the top of the card base to be dark, and the bottom to fade to white.  After I blending the ink, I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors to add white paint splatters to the card base to look like snow.  Then I diecut a birch tree background is the Winter Woods Cover Plate from PTI.  I stamped lines on the birch trees using an image from the Winter Woods stamp set.  For some added dimension, I added some shadows to the diecut using a grey copic marker.  Then I stamped the cardinal and tree branch from the Winter Woods stamp set onto coordinating diecuts.  After adhering the birch tree diecut to the card base with a glue pen, I popped the tree branch and bird up using foam tape.  Then I stamped a sentiment from the same set on a banner diecut, and added some Sparkling Clear Sequins as a finishing touch.


Winter Cardinal

Be sure to check out the blog for all of the challenge details and to see lots more inspiration from the design team!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Winter Woods
Dies: PTI Winter Woods,Winter Woods Coverplate, PTI Double Ended Banner
Paper: PTI White
Ink: Memento London Fog, Lawn Fawn Lobster, PTI Scarlet Jewel and Smokey Shadow, WPlus9 Pixie Dust, Hickory Smoke Distress
Other: Copic Markers (C3, C1), black rhinestone, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins, Foam Tape, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor, ink blending tool

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

Do beautiful!

merryf said...

this is gorgeous!

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Audrey, this is simply divine and perfectly executed! Want to CASE this but guess I need to buy the products first. 😀

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS